In other words, we couldn't have done all this without you! Our community-owned grocery store is becoming a reality because of YOU!
Over the coming weeks, we'll be calling on you again and again. Where you can help, it will make a difference.
- Help us reach 300 Member households by store opening by spreading the word about Indy Food Co-op!
- Commit to spend your first grocery dollar each week with the Indy Food Co-op!
- Volunteer to staff a booth at an upcoming event!
- Volunteer to paint, built, stock, clean and help us get this store open!!!!
CALL FOR CONCEPTUAL MURAL DESIGNS
Indy Food Co-op is seeking talented, creative artist to volunteer to create conceptual designs for our exterior mural. Designs will be narrowed by the IFC board with the final two designs coming to the IFC membership for a vote! Mural concepts should scream "food" as it is intended to be a major attention grabber for the store for those traveling briskly down 10th Street. The chosen designer will oversee the painting of the mural using volunteer assistance by willing co-op members. Conceptual designs must be submitted electronically in PDF not to exceed 8 MB by September 18, 2009, to firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME TO THE IFC BOARD
Indy Food Co-op Board of Directors added Renee Sweany in June 2009. Many of you likely know Renee from the farmer's markets around town. Renee works on two projects right down the IFC alley: GreenPiece Indy e-newsletter (http://www.greenpieceindy.com) and Green Savings Indy coupon book (http://www.greensavingsindy.com). Renee has jumped right in and is serving on the Marketing and Operations Committees.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
August 15, 1:00 - 3:00, Indianapolis Vegetarian Society dinner at Chef's Academy, Savor the Summer Garden. For info, visit: http://www.indyvegsociety.org/
August 22 (morning) - Painting/Workday at Pogue's Run Grocer. More details soon!
September 15, 6;30 - 8:00 - Member Loan Kick-off at the Pogue's Run Grocer site. Details soon by e-mail and by mail.
September 28, two fascinating lectures by Lisa Heldke, Department of Philosophy, Gustavus Adophus College, brought to you by Department of Philosophy, Department of Sociology, and American Studies Program of the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI, and by the IUPUI 40th Anniversary Speakers Fund along with Indy Food Co-op, Indy Winter Farmers Market, Slow Food Indy and Indy Tilth/Urban Farming Forum
- CULTIVATING COSMIC PATRIOTISM BY CULTIVATING COSMOS: URBAN GARDENING AND THE CREATION OF COMMUNITY -- Open discussion: 3:00 PM-4:15 PM, IUPUI, Campus Center (CE) 309, 420 University Boulevard, Indianapolis
- STAYING HOME FOR DINNER: RUMINATIONS ON LOCAL FOODS IN A COSMOPOLITAN SOCIETY -- Local Food Reception: 6:00 PM; Lecture: 6:30 PM-8:00 PM, Lilly Auditorium, On lower level of IUPUI University Library, 755 W Michigan St., Indianapolis
- Space is limited for both events. Please R.S.V.P at email@example.com
- For complete details, visit: http://www.indyfoodcoop.org/calendar.html
Can you spare a few hours to help us staff a booth for a shift at one of these upcoming events? If so, please let us know!
- August 29, Feast of Lanterns, a Near East Side Community Organization event, noon - dark, Spades Park
- September 8, IUPUI Green Business Fair, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., IUPUI Campus
- September 12, Mapleton-Fall Creek Neighborhood Block Party, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- October 17, Cottage Home Block Party, 5:00 - 11:00 p.m., Cottage Home Neighborhood
- East 10th Street Civic Association for all their financial and other support;
- HAUS, The Architecture Studio (www.HAUS-ARCH.com) for so much incredible probono design work on our building;
- Our new website volunteer, Renee Sweany;
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) for their financial support;
- All those who attended FOOD, INC. with Indy Food Co-op to better understand why we are working so hard to provide an alternative; and
- All the members of Indy Food Co-op who are making this project happen!